I have an awesome breakfast recipe for you guys! I have been doing some experimenting with recipes I’ve found online and I’m pretty sure I’ve nailed this one! This falls more on the primal side and wouldn’t be Whole30 approved as it has some real maple syrup or organic raw honey in it. If you wanted to make it Whole30 style, just omit the sweetner.
(You can replace any of these with your preferred nuts!)
100g pumpkin seeds
3 medium egg whites
2 Tblsp of Pure Maple Syrup/Organic Raw Honey
1. Soak nuts and seeds for around 7 hours. (For info on how to soak and why, see here.
2. Preheat oven to 160oC
3. Place nuts in a blender and blitz, adding 200g at a time until you have your preferred texture.
4. Beat egg whites till they are fluffy and form peaks.
5. Mix maple syrup or honey with egg whites.
6. Place nuts and seeds in a mixing bowl and fold in egg white mixture.
7. Line 2 large baking trays with baking parchment and pour mixture onto trays. The mixture should not be more than 1 inch high.
8. Place trays in the oven for for 30-40 mins (or until golden brown), stirring every 10 minutes.
9. Once out of the oven and cooled you can add sultanas, dried apple or any other dried fruit.
10. Enjoy with hot or cold milk and berries or, as a trail mix!